April 02, 2014

SXSW pt. I



^ browsing around
^ a sweet little food truck park we found
^ egg rolls
^ a "fiery vegan dog"
^ the lonely biscuits at el sol y la luna

^ 6th street
^ and more 6th street
^ watching the biscuits at bar 96
^ gotcha!
Let me just preface this post by saying that I'm not cool. I don't listen to the newest indie bands (Is that even the cool thing to say? indie bands? See? Uncool...) I don't own a pair of minnetonkas, and I yes, I do wear makeup every day. To all of you that fall into any or all of the categories previously listed, I'm sorry, but I could never be as cool as you. And, trust me. I've tried. 

Now that that's cleared up, I went to my first festival, and it was awesome. Sam's band, The Lonely Biscuits, was asked to play down in Austin, so Grace and I decided to make the 3-hour road trip to see them. Now, even though I can be super awkward at times, at SXSW I certainly felt cool. The energy, the vibes, the people-they all have this unique ability to make you feel unimaginably alive. It truly is an experience unlike any other. Some of my favorite moments were when I stopped, looked around, and got to see everyone there so inspired and so free.

I like to think that SXSW was the perfect dipping of my toes into the festival waters. The truth is, I love music. All kinds of music. So, as more and more opportunities present themselves to go to festivals and see more bands, I want to take them! No matter how uncool I may seem. No matter how out of place I may feel. Sometimes, we have to do things that make us feel a little uncomfortable. Sometimes, we have to just go for it. Because in all honesty, a life void of experience isn't really life at all. SXSW was one of those moments for me. And now that I've gone out - now that I can say that I've done it - I can't imagine how I could have ever gone through life without doing it. So, thanks Sam. Thanks TLB. I had the time of my life, and I can't wait to see you guys liven up that stage even more.

xo,
t. 



8 comments:

heather epstein said...

"that even the cool thing to say?" LOL that made me crack up. It's cool to be uncool. I mean hipsters were uncool before it became a thing. Anyway I really want to go to SXSW or well Austin in general. My fiance has a conference down there for work next year so we are trying to plan a vacation out of it. You and your friend looked like you had a great time! And congrats to Sam for getting a great gig!

<3
heather
fashionistanygirl.com

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

To say the least, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm definitively uncool. Try as I might, I don't naturally ooze that "I don't care" kind of cool...the kind of cool that requires no effort and has no boundaries. The kind of cool that makes people take notice but that you didn't ask for. Ah well. At least I think I can recognize it in others! =)

I think that it is truly wonderful you took yourself to SXSW and I can't wait to see more!

xo,
nancy

http://www.adoretoadorn.com

Shandrese/ Natalia said...

lol! I think you're cool! You look like you had a great time!

http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

Steph Sterjovski said...

I love how much you love & support Sam. And T, you are the coolest gal I have ever known, not bc you like indie bands or any of the other stuff, because your heart is made of gold :)
Xoxo

his little lady said...

Food trucks are the absolute best! You are gorgeous as ever girl, loving these pictures!!
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com

Arianna said...

You are so very cool! And such a great role model for all of your readers. So glad you had an awesome time, girl. oxox!

Emma said...

can we just be best friends? plz. I'm good with pets, and parents love me.

Bailey said...

I'm obsessed with your camo jacket! Follow my tcu-style.com!